The place where ninja become legends.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Rateing

Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 1: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted. No explicit representations or references to genitalia or sex acts.
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.
Navigation
Rules
Ninja Files
The Staff

The links below will send you to a PM link for each of the staff members.
Administrators
- Yau Ketsueki
- Akane Natsuko
- Sora ~Guardian of Dreams~
Moderators
- Kazuki ~Demon incarnate~
- Haku Shasa
Latest topics
» I miss my Friends..
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:24 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» That moment when...
Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 am by Zahur Veroshi

» Hello Friends.
Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm by Raina

» Yo everyone
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am by Tsumi

» Happy Halloween!!
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» New Manga...Need help...
Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» Kaishin Okamirui (w.i.p)
Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 pm by Okamirui Kaishin

» Kaia Natsuko *wip*
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm by Kaia Natsuko

» Anthro, native, and feral example
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm by Kazuki Hatoba

Member of the Month
The member of the Month will be chosen every month on the First to Third day of the month..
Coming Soon

Member of the week
The member of the week will be chosen every Monday.
Coming Soon

Other Awards
Winners will be voted for every month, voting will begin on the third week of every month.
Most Popular RP Topic

- Coming Soon
Most Popular Character

- Coming Soon
Best Quote

- Coming Soon
Affiliates
Our Affiliates;
Affiliate With us;
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Sister Sites;
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Share | 

Bird whistles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

Type : The best ones
Elements : Depends

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 am

He chuckled with his eyes closed, and let the sand drop. Deciding that there was no point in keeping her in the dark, he consented to letting her know... little by little. He flailed his arms around, insisting her to stop and sit in front of him. Waiting for her to follow, he cleared his throat yet again, preparing to start a long narrative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

Type : Some.
Elements : A few.

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 am

Panting and gulping for air, Bookwoman let herself plop down on the ground, in a lotus position once again.
The sticky feeling of sweat on her legs made it uncomfortable, but she didn't show any of it. Weaknesses and complaining didn't exist in her dictionary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 am

'You know what you've just done? You've earned yourself some nice, raw information. Whether or not it is relevant, however... I don't really care.

I was once a villager of the land of Suna; the city of the desert. I reside within it's great walls. The sun would shine in my eyes as it rose, and as it set, I would sleep. So now you know where I come from.

As for how it is now... I have no idea. I had heard that it disappeared like a mirage in the desert. Every single person of the village was unheard of ever after.

...And another useful piece of information.

The only ones known to manipulate the sand are said to be descendants from the leaders of Sunagakure...'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:52 am

"You are just filled with information I already know. I guessed already that you were from Sunagakure. I also managed to understand since long ago that you are a descendant of one of the mythical Kages. The only information you managed to give me is that Sunagakure apparently disappeared into dust in the wind. No pun intended."
Bookwoman huffed and tried to grab her bag. But the incident that happened in the forest came back to her mind and she placed her hand on her bandaged chest. The picture was still there.
But she wanted desperately water.

She sighed and rubbed her temples. He couldn't know what she had in her memories. Least she could do was speak up.
"I have no memories from my past. As all people who are chosen to be a Bookman, or Bookwoman, we are picked out of the most promising people from any sort of social status, any sort of job, any sort of power. What is needed, is a great knowledge in many subjects and being physically strong and sturdy. I might not seem like it, but I never got sick, nor died from any poison. My tutor told me it was a result of my past. The next thing I know, is that I'm from Sunagakure. I stole the picture you saw and destroyed, from Bookman and hid it. But the old Panda was smart, so, I'm sure he knew I had it."
She shrugged.
"He never asked me about it, so it's no big deal. In short, I'm trying to find out about myself so that I can finish locking my humanity deep inside my mind. I need to do that to be a fully fledged Bookwoman. Though, I am not that keen of that idea, so, I first want to remember who I am before deciding for myself to become a Bookwoman."

Bookwoman glared at Yakate.
"But, Idiotic Rapunzel, don't think I'll be nice to you, just because you knew Sunagakure!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

Scratching his head cannily, Yakate tilted his head while listening to her long, interesting speech. When she finished, he sighed in disappointment; at the fact that all he had said was already known. Envious, and intending to make just as awesome an effect as Bookwoman had made, he jumped in his seat and proclaimed with a louder voice that before;

'A descendant? My dear lady, you are looking at the very last Kazekage of Sand!'

He made a silent-hero pose when he finished; and almost as if to ruin it deliberately, a gust of sand flew into his face, causing him to enter a coughing fit as it entered his mouth.

There goes the awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 am

"...Tell me more. Do you have any family?"
Bookwoman ignored debirately the stance, the coughing fit and the ridiculous face the former Kazekage had made. When he had told her that he was a former Kage, she wasn't much surprised. After all, manipulating sand wasn't something the majority of ninjas could do.
Chomesuke had even told her something about elements that the shinobi could use.
But that information seemed worthless now. She was far more curious about the man's family.

Tiredly, she ran a hand through her hair and cringed after seeing the red traces on it. She'd have to dye it soon, before the idiotic Rapunzel started asking her questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 am

He felt a his heart drop painfully onto his stomach when she mentioned family. Not only was he miserable talking about his parents, he was twice as much so talking about his lost sister; and yet more because this lady reminded him of her. But he had made her toil much harder than any lady ought to. He owed her that much.

'I - had - family. My parents died long ago. My sister... disappeared along with Sunagakure.'

A sudden gasp uttered from his lips as he said it; he was forced to hesitate. But almost seamlessly, he continued talking;

'And you, Miss Booky? I wonder which sane person would name you "Bookwoman"...'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

Bookwoman snorted. That Idiotic Rapunzel just added to his "weaknesses list" in her mind.
"Martyr complex? If you are so fond of the people you miss, you shouldn't be afraid to talk about them. And stop reminding yourself that they died. It's not their death that matters, it's their life."

The red head crossed her arms and sighed.
"I have no name. Nor right to claim I'm human anymore. I'm not part of humanity anymore, I'm merely memories gathered in a body that write them down on paper. Bookwoman is a given name to those "memories". We aren't supposed to form bonds with anyone, nor be part in history. But..."
She stopped for a moment and shook her head. He didn't need she had overstepped her boundaries already once. He was still a stranger.
"A man called me Asako. Because I woke always early up with the morning itself. He was from a merchand family that visited Sunagakure in the past and told me something about having a half-sister somewhere, wearing his mother's name. Hyo something. I'm rather ashamed of myself for having forgotten that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 am

The depth with which she talked did not surprise Yakate - she was older than him. And so, her words had barely any affect on him. He was weird that way; if a child had spoken those words to him, he would start philosophizing about the words for a long time. The fact that his interlocutor knew what she was talking about made her words rather mundane.

But what she said next, however, was worth noticing.

When he called her Asako, it wasn't random. She had been called that before. And she was told of a sister, whose name started with Hyo...

'Hyosuke. Asako Hyosuke. That is your name.'

He made no gesture as to the fact that he knew her perfectly now. Nor did it register in his mind that he was very probably staring at his sister that very moment. What it did register was that he had just found the name of one who had long lost her name - That in itself was an accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Bookwoman laughed bitterly.
"You lost it under the desert sun, Idiotic Rapunzel. That name is a myth. It isn't because a man called me that and had a sister who had a name as Hyosuke, that it'd be my name. Get real."
And on that, she stood up, kicked him in the shin and streched a few times, to keep her muscles warm. Then, she looked down at him, glaring and huffing impatiently, all numbness and tired feelings forgotten.
"I don't have a name. And if someone claims my name would be that one, he or she will have to prove it to me. Now stop fooling around and teach me more, Idiotic Rapunzel. I got much more energy to burn into this before I reach my limits!"
And on that, she started to run in circles again.

The name Asako Hyosuke annoyed her, irritated her. It gave her a headache and made her mood drop down under zero. Ridiculous. That woman was notated eagerly in all ninja records from many villages, strange, random and utterly ridiculous legends drifting around her persona. She was a convenient figure to explain certain "miracles". Che. Old wives stories to entertain the kids.
Goddess of the Blind. Healing Demon. Laziest Shinobi of History. And some other stupid, long and unnecessary titles were given to him. Legends stated that she was a Sannin, inheriting the blood of the Great Tsunade, stories told that Surpentheon had been her mentor, memories reminded that she was someone who sacrificed anything for her family and friends, that she kept her students close to her heart as her own children.
Damn it all to hell. She was a myth. Not a human, nor a person who really existed. And Hyosuke, that cursed name of the blind bloodline wielders. All martyr complexed people, full of heroic instincts and who'd let themselves being crossed and killed for the sake of the others.
She hated such people the most.
"You hate people who remind you of yourself"
The Old Panda should have kept his mouth shut instead of saying such unnecessary things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 am

Barely flinching when she kicked him, he sighed nondescriptly and laid down with his back to the sand. Her bigotry was just as the desert sand; forever there, never changing. As he thought about that, he entered a long stream of thought about how the desert had been before, and if it was the same now. Gazing out all around him, he could see the glistening sand staring at him; the countless grains of sand, that represented all the great lives of Sunagakure. And... yes. They all looked the same as before.

That was what he told himself, anyway.

After about ten minutes of his philosophy and Bookwoman's running, he opened his mouth to talk. The moment his lips parted, a ball of sand seemed to willingly fly inside his mouth, causing him to cough and splutter for another whole minute before managing to talk with a weak voice;

'What did this "Chomesuke' tell you about wind chakra?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 am

Bookwoman flinched when she heard Yakate use the name of her previous and now dead companion.
"He told me that I'd have an affinity to use it. That would be all I know about it. As I said, he didn't explain me much or show me anything at all. He just taught me one or another trick."
She kept on running, kicking -almost- on purpose sand at the Idiotic Rapunzel out of pure boredom and because the guy kept on lazying around in the sand like a petty woman would stay under the sun to get tanned.
He just missed a nice chest and the picture would be complete for a sunbathing woman, with his long hair and all...A bearded woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:52 am

With his eyes still closed, he detached his mind to consider the possibilities for Bookwoman. If she had an affinity towards wind, the desert would be an excellent place to train her in. Sadly, even though Yakate was an expert with sand, he was a novice in wind; a quite curious case, considering how the element of Sand is branched down from wind and earth.

Regardless, he could attempt to teach her... somehow. She had to know the basics first, however.

'What tricks did he teach you?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:04 am

Bookwoman blinked and actually stopped running.
"I excuse me beforehand for my rudeness."
She grabbed a metal wire from her pocket and threw it in the air, loosening it and making it circle around Yakate's sitting form.
"First dance, Binding trap." she mumbled while forming two handseals.
The wire glowed faintly from a chakra release and bound the Idiotic Rapunzel. Once that was done, Bookwoman tugged violently at the wire, forcing Yakate up and stumble towards her.
Preparing for the impact, she formed three seals and crossed her arms in front of her, blocking the human mass that was Yakate.
"Cutting Edge..." she whispered, letting the shoulders of her teacher getting scratched.

Then, using her free hands from under Yakate's weight, she formed 4 last handsigns, starting to talk at the same time in a strange and unknown language, filling the blond man's ears with mournfull words. She could feel the man slightly shiver and with that, she was satisfied.
Bookwoman dropped on her knees, panting from overusing her chakra and abilities. Chomesuke had told her she'd need practice...

--------------
Jutsu's used:

Name: The mourning wall
Type: Genjutsu
Element: None
Range: Short (1-3 meters)
Description: The user calls forth all the painful words it knows, that it be poems, books, quotes, thoughts and creates an illusion of those words in front of the enemy, confusing him and hopefully filling him with sadness.

Name: Cutting edge
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Wind
Range: N/A
Description: The user, to block a hit, assembles wind chakra around it's arms, which she/he crosses in front of itself, cutting the opponent if it is a physical hit with flesh and blood. The cuts won't be anything deeper than a scratch and the jutsu will give a slight itching feeling when maken contact with.

Name: Binding trap - First dance
Type: Weapon
Element: None
Range: Short (1-5 meters)
Description: The user throws the chakra infused wires in the air, above the enemy and creates two hands signs. The wires will act with a will of it's own and bind the enemy fast enough to make him/her trip. The student will have to fasten the wires him/herself to bind the enemy completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 am

Yakate was greatly impressed after seeing the ease with which she bounded him in place. Even more so, when she cut weakly into his shoulder. When she began her genjutsu, Yakate deliberately allowed himself to be affected by the weak illusion; a decision he came to regret soon after.

The melancholy filling his ears was hardly discernible, but it filled him with this strange kind of sadness. The effect was imminent, and fleeting too. For Bookwoman became tired soon after casting the illusion, thus killing the illusion in essence.

Remaining constricted within the metal wires, he looked at her panting face, a genuine smile traced on his lips.

'See what you just did now? That was ninja art, Bookwoman. No one but a ninja could do what you just did.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:20 am

"Ha...ha." laughed Bookwoman sarcastically, still leaning against the man.
Why, in heaven's name, did he have to have a familiar smell?
"I'm a Bookwoman. Not a ninja. And Chomesuke said that everyone could do it, even tho I made that illusion myself out of boredom. That Moron was incapable of doing a genjutsu, even of his life depended on it."

She pushed herself off him, having caught her breath back and she sat down on the sand, picking hte wire up and rolling it back up, to put it back in her pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

He arched an eyebrow after hearing her. She had no respect for her mentor; no respect for the one who had taught her all she knew - which was rather meager - about ninjutsu. Then again, he couldn't expect much more from her.

He stood up when she got off of her, and once again turned around to let her face his back. Before learning ninja arts, she had to learn discipline.

'Before learning ninja arts, you have to learn discipline. But the sun isn't shining as bright as it should be; you should get some rest. So um...'

Waving his arms as if telling her the sand was her bed, he continued;

'Good night!'

When he looked to his right, he could see the hot, red sun sinking into the sand, just as it had always done back in Sunagakure. His arms sailed dreamily in the air as his body swooped downwards, sending the sand behind him flying in the air when he fell.

Unfortunately, his skin was not used to the feeling of the sand pricking his skin. This would be a long, sleepless night...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

Bookwoman shrugged at his words and sat down in a lotus position, on the ground, putting her shirt on again, along with that of Yakate, that was at least three sizes too big.
He'd be the one suffering of the intense cold of the desert night, not she.
She combed her red hair with her fingers, again reminding herself to find some red dye. And she needed a new bag, find her books back, buy new ink, clothes and...way too many things to do about she'd have to think.
Laziness crept in her and she skipped the important matters to concentrate on the coming night.

"Goodnight, Idiotic Rapunzel." she replied, sarcasm dripping from her words.
And on that, she closed her eyes.
Meditation for the win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   

Back to top Go down

Bird whistles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3