The place where ninja become legends.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Rateing

Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 1: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted. No explicit representations or references to genitalia or sex acts.
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.
Navigation
Rules
Ninja Files
The Staff

The links below will send you to a PM link for each of the staff members.
Administrators
- Yau Ketsueki
- Akane Natsuko
- Sora ~Guardian of Dreams~
Moderators
- Kazuki ~Demon incarnate~
- Haku Shasa
Latest topics
» I miss my Friends..
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:24 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» That moment when...
Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 am by Zahur Veroshi

» Hello Friends.
Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm by Raina

» Yo everyone
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am by Tsumi

» Happy Halloween!!
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» New Manga...Need help...
Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 pm by Zahur Veroshi

» Kaishin Okamirui (w.i.p)
Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 pm by Okamirui Kaishin

» Kaia Natsuko *wip*
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm by Kaia Natsuko

» Anthro, native, and feral example
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm by Kazuki Hatoba

Member of the Month
The member of the Month will be chosen every month on the First to Third day of the month..
Coming Soon

Member of the week
The member of the week will be chosen every Monday.
Coming Soon

Other Awards
Winners will be voted for every month, voting will begin on the third week of every month.
Most Popular RP Topic

- Coming Soon
Most Popular Character

- Coming Soon
Best Quote

- Coming Soon
Affiliates
Our Affiliates;
Affiliate With us;
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Dawn of Shinobi
Sister Sites;
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Share | 

Bird whistles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

Type : The best ones
Elements : Depends

PostSubject: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

To all humanity, it would seem as if the world had stopped spinning. For the scene in which Yakate was walking now was, truly, what paradise looked like. Every tree seemed to have a life and soul; with reach breath, their leaves rustled. And in unison with their neighbors, the entier green forest seemed to be alive. And even the life within it was more alive than ever; the birds were singing their songs of love and wor to their mates, while continuously fluttering from one tree to another, chirruping loudly as they met their family. And yet...

And yet, Yakate could embrace none of these. His whole mind was focused on the repetitive motion of his legs moving up, forward, and down again. All he could see was this blur - all he could hear was the grumbling of his stomach. And all he could feel was... hunger. Sheer hunger.

Even as a gracious bird swooped down in front of her; even as a fresh gust of wind blew his hair into the air, his stomach caused him to yield. With a loud, discordant thud, Yakate fell face-first on the ground; the beauty was just too much for his hungry stomach to bear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

Type : Some.
Elements : A few.

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 am

Bookwoman wasn't much of a nature lover. She could however appreciate the peace that reigned as complete master over the forest, along with the shadows the ceiling of green leaves gave her. Peace and shadow she dearly needed to keep herself calm and collected.

A heavy frown was worn on her forehead and resting her hands on her knees, she listened to the music the birds sang for her, indicating that life wasn't over yet and that the world wouldn't stop turning even if she wished for it, so that she could atone for her sin.

The chirping abruptly stopped with a loud cracking of twigs and branches, snapping Bookwoman out of her semi-meditating state. The frown she wore was now accompanied with a scowl and in a rash move, she got up from her lotus position and stomped over to where the sound had come from.

On the ground, face down to the ground, was laying a long, deep golden haired man, unconscious. His body was hidden by the ragged cloth he wore over his shoulders. He wore gloves, to which the finger tips missed. A ninja, probably, like Chomesuke.
Growling, she shoved the man with her foot in his side, trying to wake him up. But since he didn't even stirr at the rash gesture, Bookwoman lost her patience and kicked him.
"Hey! Idiotic Rapunzel! Wake up!" she snapped at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 am

... Butterflies... white lights... birdies... stars...

... Smack.

Yakate's instincts told him to jump up and prepare for battle, but his tummy said otherwise. As a result, he did something of a feeble backflip and landed tummy-first on the ground again; a fresh groan, not related to his hunger, emitted from between his teeth. The second thud evidently disturbed the nature around him, for he could no longer discern the singing of the birds... or maybe it was just his hunger, more pronounced now.

His eyes rolled upwards to see a frail... person. Whether or not it was a girl or boy, he couldn't tell. And he didn't really care. For all he cared about now - his tummy groaned in agreement - was;

'Food... give me... food!'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

Bookwoman was baffled. Not only this...hairy person had dared to disturb the nice peace of the forest, but he also dared not to respond properly to her and demand for food! And who was he actually? He was a ninja, she had gotten a glimpse of a shuriken holster and that of a kunai in his sleeve, but there was no sign on him to which village he was affiliated. Was he a rogue ninja? One of those who are written down in the so called "Bingo Book", the list of intensely researched criminals?
She huffed and ran a hand through her short hair. She wasn't going to abandon him, wasn't she? But, if she did, she'd have her peace back and no troubles to take care of. Narrowing her emeral green eye upon the older looking man, she thought for a short moment, putting on her mental balance the reasons why she should or not help him.
With a heavy sigh, that sounded more like a growl, Bookwoman decided that the man wasn't pathetic enough to be left there to die of hunger.

She crouched down in front of him and started rummaging through his clothes, taking all weapons out that she could find and threw them aside behind her. He was maybe weak and his stomach was maybe growling a little too hard for a normal hunger a well nourished human would give, but you could never be careful enough. Having the man jump her was not in her list of favorite events.
Suddenly, she stopped, having found grains of sand in the debts of the front pockets of his trousers. She sniffed at it, suspiciously and noticing nothing strange to it, she went on searching the man's belongings.

When she was done, she shoved him away from her, putting an arm length distance between them and glared at his half lidded eyes, empty of any intelligent form of life.
"I don't want to be associated to you, Idiotic Rapunzel. But, I have food. Now ask for it. Politely, or I will abandon you here after making sure you died of a painful death."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 am

He lost human consciousness long ago, all he understood know was what his tummy was telling him - Food...

He didn't care at all when she carelessly rummaged throughout his worldly possessions; the only things he had. He could only groan and moan. But her words were clearly audible to him; perhaps only because they included the word 'food' in it. Now that his stomach was his brain, they controlled what he spoke entirely;

'Miss... mister... stalker... please share some food with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 pm

"...What the- Look, you Idiotic Rapunzel. I do not tolerate to be insulted, even if you are on the verge of death! So, keep your thoughts to yourself before I actually rip your tongue out. Got it?"
And with a scowl, she grabbed some of the bread and cheese she had left over from the happy times with Chomesuke. Bookwoman wasn't hungry and letting food go to waste wasn't something she liked doing. Especially not when she had payed for it. Moron never had any money with him, so she always ended up paying for his meals.

She shoved the frugal meal in the hungry man's hands and stepped back again, at arm distance from him, plopping down on the ground, watching him react on the bread and cheese.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:09 am

By this time, his eyesight were so bad, he could hardly see anything. But his sense of smell was still acute; the bread and cheese aroused his senses grandly. Almost like a zombie, Yakate lifted himself into a sitting position, and fingered the bread as preciously as a trophy. He felt as if he had earned the food; as if he had won a tournament for it.

... That is, before he gobbled it up at once.

Yakate could literally feel the bread crumbs plop inside his stomach through his body. And as it did, his stomach churned painfully; not to a lost cause, though. For he had found all of his lost strength back, even if momentarily. He sat up in a more respectable manner, eying his savior with interest. Having a grip over himself now, he managed to talk to her without his voice cracking;

'I must say, I owe my life to you. What's your name?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:25 am

Bookwoman cocked an eyebrow up, surprised that the man could actually be polite. Even if she would be starving to death, she would never sink as low as he had, begging for food while losing his mind and spousing out nonsense.
"You can call me Bookwoman, Idiotic Rapunzel." she answered on a clipped tone back, insisting heavily on the "idiotic" part. "And who would you be?"

She looked at him, rather disgusted while he ate. He ate like a pig and his table manners weren't much better. But at least, he recognized the fact she had saved his (rather pathetic in her opinion) life. And his appearance was far from being presentable or even clean for all that mattered, now that she got to see him sitting right up.
With a groan, not feeling like having him fainting again, she gave him the last piece of dried meat she had and closed her bag, shoving it behind her, out of his sight.

The red head "tsked" and gave him a glare with her only visible green eye, crossing her arms over her almost non existent chest. His presence and voice made her uncomfortable, as if something was creating a mess in her well ordered spirit.
'Well, he is an Idiotic Rapunzel after all.' she concluded for herself, muttering it under her breath, not feeling like preying even more into the complicated matters of her emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 am

Being well, he could observe every little thing about his Messiah now. He could tell that she was irritated, and definitely not happy with what she had just seen. She also seemed unkindly, suggesting by the way she talked. But a book is not be judged by its cover; she had, after all, saved his life. He owed her company, even if for a few moments.

'I am whatever you say I am - Rapunzel. Ugly, perhaps.'

Closing his eyes to induce a greater effect, he jumped up and stood straight, brushing the dust off his clothes hurriedly. With another short stare at Bookwoman, he decided to ask the question he wanted to the moment he saw her; he couldn't really ask it when his stomach was in control.

'Where might you be headed, Bookwoman? Unless you... live here?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:18 am

Bookwoman blinked. How stupid was the man? Right, very stupid or simply incapable of understanding the simple courtesy questions that strangers exchanged to each other. And he accepted his nickname as identity. Was he hiding his name? Or something else maybe. The red head narrowed her eye in suspicion and slowly rose up on her feet, not letting her gaze leave the man's eyes.
"Are you stupid? Do I look like a forest spirit?" she snapped at him, getting even more irritated by the lack of information his answer had. "And tell me your name, not what I called you. Accepting a nickname from a stranger is simply stupid and humiliating for yourself. Have some pride, idiot!"

She had to raise her head to look him in the eye. Getting enough of straining her neck after a minute, she grabbed her bag from the ground and settled it over her shoulder. Then she patted the non existent dust off her shoulders and butt, before running a hand in her hair, glaring once more up to him.
"You owe me one, right." she said, stating it as a fact and not as a question.
She grabbed a scroll out of her bag and a pen, filled with ink. She opened the green covered scroll, revealing several contracts written on it. She kept on passing the contracts, till she reached an empty part of the paper.
"So, I can ask you anything I want from you." she stated again. "Sign under the page after writing down that I can ask you anything and that you won't break your word upon your ninja honor. If you got any that is."
A rather devilish smirk had appeared on her lips and her eyes glinted with malice. She was determinded to keep the man under her control for a while. He might give her interesting information later on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:31 am

Yakate only stood and stared as the tiny girl snapped at him much like an old woman. He could only stare when she attempted to stare at into his eyes, and patted her butt very inconsistently. And again, he could only stare when he presented him with a scroll and a pen to write on it with. Without another word, he took the pen and stared hard at the blank piece of paper.

... Only half a minute later did he realize he had lost all his calligraphic skill. There goes a good impression.

Straining his stiff fingers to write, he finally managed this - taking up a large portion of the empty scroll:

I, rApUnzEl, hereby sAy dEclArE thAt I R YOUR PROPERTY I OwE thIs wEIrdO thIs bOOky pErsOn. It shE mAy Ask mE AnythIng mAny thIngs nOw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 am

The whole expression of Bookwoman could be described as "what the hell" when she saw the sloppy hand writing of the man and that he had refused, once again, to give her his real name. The contract was only valid if he kept the damn stupid nickname. And, horror and anger struck her when she saw the word "Booky" written on the piece of paper. "bOOky pErsOn"? Seriously, why again did she again save the life of this person?
And which adult, worthy of that name, wrote like a toddler that had been given a piece of paper and some finger paint? The contract was ugly to see, covered with ink stains that reached even the third contract before his. All good impression he had given her, had vanished at the sight of the scroll.

"Idiotic Rapunzel..." she started on a low tone, anger dripping off it. "I won't repeat myself again. Give. Me. Your. Real. Name! Before I do kill you and cut you into little pieces so that I won't have to see your hairy face ever again! And don't play dumb with me!"
The last words had been screamed out and a primitive growl followed them closely, a dark and nasty aura now surrounding the small frame of Bookwoman. This man was worse than Chomesuke and just knew how to push her buttons to get her angry. He was just like that idiotic Kage she had met before, somewhere way back in the past. A complete and idiotic Rapunzel moron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 am

Yakate flinched freshly every time Bookwoman snapped something at him, but in his mind he was rolling in laughter and glee. For although he had humiliated himself in front of someone obviously skilled in writing (the fact that she had paper and pen betrayed her), the sheer anger and nerve expressed by the rather tiny girl was amusing.

He kept his calm, collected voice, and spoke with a boring tone;

'Well, if you don't like Rapunzel, you obviously won't like my real name. Yakate Tsuno, at your service.'

He gave a complementary bow as he finished his sentence, staying stooped down in that position until she spoke to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:46 am

Bookwoman's scowl disappeared at the mentionning of the man's name.
"Yakate...Tsuno. The name rings a bell." she mumbled.
Her face became thoughtful for a moment and she let her thoughts and memories go on full gallop, trying to find any piece of information she could remember about a so called Tsuno. But, somehow, there was nothing concrete and she dropped the subject for now.
She let her glare fade and sighed in annoyance. He wasn't that bad she guessed.

Silence came over the area again and the birds sang again, not caring about the two humans who were talking civilly (bickering) to each other. The wind made the leaves rustle in a swift motion and a squirrel dared to peek out of it's hiding place to climb the tree down and pick one or another nut up.

"Your real name is more acceptable I suppose. But you still are an idiotic Rapunzel and I will keep on calling you that until you actually start acting your age. What are you? 25? 27? Older than me for sure that is." she replied to him, breaking the silence again.
Bookwoman rolled the scroll up and placed it back in her bag, rolling her eyes.
"Where were you heading to when you fell unconscious? Did you come from the desert?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 am

The sound of the birds eased him now; the fact that he had ignored them before seemed surprising to him. Easing his arms behind his head, and resting his head on his hands, he started walking a pleasant pace, he whipped back each of Bookwoman's answers successively.

'Rapunzel, I shall be then. I'm 21. Yes, I'm older than you. I was heading nowhere. I came... from bed.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 am

Bookwoman let her jaw muscles slack and her mouth fell open. He was 21? She was 3 years older than him!
Having stopped at the revelation, she quickly took her pace back and ran after the long legged guy and adapted her pace to his to keep up.
"You...came from bed? Are you a complete idiot or do you realize that the nearest village is at several miles away from here? The nearest being the ruins of the Sand Village" she replied, annoyed. "And you are younger than me. I'm 24."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:44 am

He could hear the scrunching of leaves under his feet - they were close to the edge of the forest now. A serene tune met his ears, and almost unconsciously, he whistled in unison with it, replaying the same notes as the birds fluttering about above him. He only stopped to reply to his companion; the fact that she was older than him came through one ear and went out the next.

'Then maybe my bed is in Sand Village. I don't really know...'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:55 am

Bookwoman was at loss with the man. He was so...random and laid back that she had no idea where to begin or end a conversation or discussion. His last answer had been almost replied with a bored tone, without putting much interested into the fact he was lost.
"You, Sir, are lacking a sense of direction." she muttered, waiting for him to walk again, since he had stopped to "talk" back to the birds. "And maybe that's why your pockets were filled with sand. Are you a resident of Sunagakure?"
Curiosity was dictating her to ask more questions, but she wanted first to have him answering one at the time. Apparently, it was impossible to get more than two informations at the time into his brain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:04 am

Yakate's detached mind would hardly notice the words Bookwoman would say. He put no effort into thinking of the meaning of the words she said. Instead, he was focused upon the forest - focused upon each of his five senses. What he was seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling... maybe not what he was tasting.

Nevertheless, he could listen to each and every word she was speaking between his whistling. And he understood all she said.

'I might be. Or maybe I just came from the desert? No wait...

I thought Sunagakure was destroyed?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 am

Bookwoman frowned at his words. In her memory, Sunagakura was clearly still standing, full of people, wealth and peace. War was simply a word and a rumor, not reality. What happened between the time back then and now? And the kage? The fearsome sand devil, had he lost or something?
"Sunagakure is still standing as far as I can remember. It was properous and the Kage was a young, but strong man. He would have never let the village get to it's own doom. Not as long he lived."
She huffed in annoyance and sped up her pace. This idiotic Rapunzel was really stupid and disturbing. She ruffled through her bag and grabbed a piece of paper she had with her. On it was a half faded picture of a group of people, one of them being a tall, lean young man, who was holding a female by hte shoulders.
"My mentor gave me this once. He said it came from Sunagakure. I'm a Bookwoman, so, I record hidden history. I'd be interested to hear more about the disappearance or still existant village of the desert. Will you help me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:20 am

By this time, his attention had shifted. No longer was he humming to the tune of the birds in the canopy. His ears were jolted up, intently aware of every word the girl (or rather, lady) was saying. The picture she held in her hands...

... That was him.

Without thinking of who he was talking to, or what situation he was in; what state his body was in, or where he was, he spoke out loud in a rather tense voice;

'Asako!?'

As soon as the word had left him, so came back the events of the past few minutes - he chuckled, and shook his head. Taking a seat, with his back facing a tree, he spoke in a shaky voice;

'I know nothing, but I'd love to tell you anything you'd need to know... Bookwoman.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:32 am

Bookwoman had risen an eyebrow at Yakate. What was it with people calling her Asako? First, Chomesuke and now the idiotic Rapunzel. But at least, he agreed to help her, which was quite an accomplishment in itself. She had almost expected him to hum something to her and skip the subject. But no.
Apparently, the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" was correct.
"Thank you for calling me by my correct name, Yakate. Now, please be decisive: or you know things, or you don't. And if you do, I shall ask you again, will you help me? And tell me what happened to Sunagakure?"

Her voice was shaky and she cursed herself for it. Something had stirred in her chest at the almost desperate and tense cry the ninja had given her, mentionning the name of the morning child.
Bookwoman was her name. Not, Asako, not Asa. Bookwoman. She wasn't part of the human world anymore. Bookwoman. She was a recorder of history, not an actor of it.

She grabbed a flask of water out of her bag (she was prepared to journeys, even though her main luggage were books) and gave it to the shaking man, controlling her own itching hands. She was not going to hug the man. Even though her whole body screamed to do so.
'I'm not a pervert!'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 am

The effect his sister's name had on the woman was appalling. Her usually irritated voice turned to a shaky, weak one. She seemed jittery herself too. When she offered him a flask of water, he felt a rush a gratitude; a rush that was soon replaced by an expression that could best be described as... 'Wtf?'

He arched an eyebrow, and his forehead folded into creases. She was not a pervert. Thank you for stating the obvious, he thought to himself. But if she had to say it out loud, Yakate assumed she wanted to make a big deal out of it. Consequently, he only responded to this, rather than tell her what happened to Sunagakure.

'And I might not be one, too. Your point?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madam Red - Bookwoman
Profile Killer
Profile Killer

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 am

Bookwoman's cheeks flushed deep crimson red and she sharply turned around, embarassment and anger fighting in her mind and muscles.
"S-shut up! I was talking to myself!"

...Stupid. Way to go to look like a lunatic.
She took a sharp and shaky breath, exhaled slowly. Repeating the gesture a few times, she finally turned around again, her eyes glaring again, all sign of weakness gone.
"You aren't a pervert as much I'm the KazeKage, smartass. Now, Idiotic Rapunzel, tell me about Sunagakure before I rip your tongue out."
She plopped down on the ground, in lotus position and stared directly at the hairy face of the young man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yakate
Council of Four
Council of Four

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 am

Smiling tiredly, he took a swig from her water flask, and cleared his throat. He also assumed a position that foretold a grand, powerful story. He opened his mouth while looking at Bookwoman, and his voice boomed out;

'Suna was once a grand village, larger than any other. Then it just disappeared.

... That's all, folks.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird whistles   

Back to top Go down

Bird whistles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next